Monday, March 30, 2009

  • Hi, I'm Chrissy Chimi
  • My degree track is MLIS, here at Drexel. I haven't chosen a concentration yet, but I'm leaning towards Digital Libraries.
  • I work for a publishing services company here in Philly. I primarily work on one project, putting Creative Commons licensed textbooks online for a company that is trying to make textbooks available in a variety of formats and at lower cost.
  • I hope to be a librarian, obviously, but I'll admit I haven't narrowed it down much beyond that. I enjoy the "techier" aspects, so perhaps that is the direction I will take. However, I also sort of relish the idea of hanging out in the stacks and smelling musty old books all day.
  • Three websites I like:
    • http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/

      Alan Sepinwall is a television writer who has great taste. He writes short, funny, interesting posts about a number of great shows, including Lost and Friday Night Lights.

    • http://www.aintitcool.com/

      The people who write for this site are great big nerds, but they always know what's happening in movies, sometimes years in advance. I would avoid the talkback area, though, if you relish your sanity.

    • http://inthelibrarywiththeleadpipe.org/

      This is one of my favorite library-related websites. There are a number of different authors with different interests and voices, so it never gets boring. I subscribe to the RSS feed, and its one of the few blogs I make a point to read.



1 comment:

  1. Chrissy,

    Stained glass sounds like a good idea. I'd be interested in that if that's what you choose. I took a class once when I was pretty young and my mom still has a duck and peach I made, or rather that I assembled, out of glass that I cut and attached together.

    Good luck with the choosing. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who's struggling with the choice.

    ReplyDelete